Sunday, February 20, 2011

Sunday PicNic ~ I Hear Voices

I hear voices.

There are hordes of voices in my head, mumbling, chattering, even screaming—demanding I divulge their stories. Sometimes they talk fast and all at once; often at the most inopportune times. That might explain the recurrent incidents where I drop everything and frantically hunt for a pen, pencil or lip liner…anything that allows me to jot down words, ideas or remarkable quotes.

Sometimes the voices only whisper. They don’t reveal their tales so freely, so I’m forced to do grueling research into their pasts, eavesdrop on their private conversations, and wrench out their stories while they’re kicking and screaming. They make me work hard to acquire their dribble, so I retaliate by displaying their secrets for all to read (muaaah).

I’m telling you, the voices are relentless, exhausting, and make me look and act bizarre. In reality, I’m sane. No really! The head-babbling din triggers my occasional lapses of good sense and makes me forget to do the simplest tasks…such as eating, sleeping and going to the bathroom. My idiosyncrasies and blunders are all due to the distracting voices in my head. Nevertheless, telling their stories is gratifying.

To state it more simply, I'm a writer.

~Nic

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...